As the vibrant community of tech startups in Birmingham and the West Mids mature, the next stage in their journey is to become a successful ScaleUp. The ScaleUp Institute is focused on making the UK the best place in the world to ScaleUp a business. They collaborate with business, policymakers and educational establishments to make this vision a reality. In this session, Irene Graham, CEO of the ScaleUp Institute, will share insights from the extensive work that the ScaleUp Institute does in this area. This will include looking at:
- A look at the ScaleUp landscape – the national picture, tech companies and the picture in the West Midlands
- The future of growth capital and the impact of COVID-19
- Thoughts on the current conditions for ScaleUps in Birmingham and the West Midlands and steps to creating a vibrant ScaleUp ecosystem
- Support available for companies and what they should look for in a ScaleUp programme – how the ScaleUp Institute can help
- Case studies from the field: examples of successful ScaleUps
- Guidance for organisations looking to scale effectively
Our headline sponsor
NatWest is the UK’s biggest supporter of SMEs, and as part of this we are committed to removing barriers and providing more opportunities to help companies grow. Our services include traditional bank lending, bespoke support for entrepreneurs, and working with a range of partners across sectors to ensure businesses thrive.
Enterprise is central to our purpose-led strategy, and we have developed a range of programmes to enable business owners to succeed. We have over 500 accredited Women in Business specialists across the UK and have supported more than 19,000 entrepreneurs through our Business Builder and Accelerator programme. Our Dream Bigger initiative has been created to encourage young women in UK secondary schools to consider STEM subjects and Entrepreneurship as a career option.
NatWest’s Business Builder and Entrepreneur Accelerator programmes are offered free of charge to support the crucial Tech segment, helping these businesses start, scale and succeed. Our Accelerator was recently voted the Number 1 Accelerator for Growth in the UK, by independent consultancy Beauhurst.